Below are some articles and information about topics discussed in this fortnight’s episode:
- There are lots of different types of mythology out there, not just Greek mythology, but we talked specifically about Persephone and Hades in this episode.
- If you aren’t already, we highly recommend following Rachel Cargle on Instagram. She does a lot of work unpacking white feminism, and has a great article called “When Feminism is White Supremacy in Heels.“
- Also, read this article, “How to Spend your Privilege” by Brittany Packnett.
- Even back in 2003, the American Psychological Association realized prisons were not doing the work of rehabilitating people.
- Pod Save the People
- Serial podcast
- Ava DuVernay’s 13TH
- Brené Brown
- Read this Dear Sugar about leaving, even if you love a person. Laia probably could have used this advice regarding Keenan.
- If you want to read some great books with emotional manipulation that also happen to be very 90’s, check out the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan
As always, we’d love to be in discussion with you, magical listener. Post or tweet about the show using #criticallyreading. Let us know what you think of the episode, anything we missed, or anything else you want us to know by dropping a line in the comments or reaching out to us on twitter or Instagram (@jkmagicpod), or via email (email@example.com). You can also check out the show notes on our website, jkmagicpod.com. We really appreciate ratings and reviews on iTunes, GooglePlay/Podcasts, Spotify, or any other platforms. Help us spread the magic by spreading the word about the podcast! Plz support our labor by leaving us a one-time tip on Ko-fi. Even better yet, become a monthly patron via Patreon and you can unlock a bunch of exclusive perks like mini-sodes, bonus episodes, and access to our community of reader-listeners on Discord. The podcast theme song is “Unermerry Academy of Magics” by Augustin C from the album “Fantasy Music”, which you can download on FreeMusicArchive.com. JK, It’s Magic is recorded on Ute, Cheyenne, and Arapahoe land.