We discussed monarchies, constitutions, colorism, and magic this week, as well as many other topics. Below are links to all the resources and things we had to look up, some of which included looking things up while we were recording, I left it in, because I think it’s cool to see the process. And J is back to calling everything interesting…
- Cranes were mentioned in the title, but they are often mentioned throughout the story. Turns out, they’re pretty significant
- Check out the “Meet the Characters” section of Joan He’s website then check out this article and this article for discussions of colorism
- Military Industrial Complex
- AOC’s take on dark money in politics
- We talked a lot about the different types of monarchy. Here’s an overview of the difference between constitutional and absolute monarchy
- Lingchi, or death by a thousand cuts is a real thing
- We could have benefited from a civics lesson on Imperial Chinese government, so here’s more on how government functioned during that time, which may give us all a better idea on how Hesina’s government may have functioned
- K mentioned books by bell hooks
- Season 3 of Serial
- Episodes of The Daily dealing with the Mueller case can be found here, here, and here
- There are some slight Daredevil season 3 spoilers
- I (J) said the UK Royal family tree wrong, but Anne shouldn’t be behind Andrew because she’s a woman
- Comp titles and diversity
. . . . . . .
The podcast theme song is “Unermerry Academy of Magics” by Augustin C from the album “Fantasy Music”, which you can download on FreeMusicArchive.com.
JK, It’s Magic is recorded on lands traditionally belonging to the Ute, Cheyenne, and Arapahoe indigenous peoples.