Hey, everyone! We’ve decided to do something different and interview each other for the next two episodes so you can get to know us better!
In this first interview, Kelly is interviewing Jessie. Is there anything you were surprised to learn? Jessie is writing the show notes to include anything else she forgot to say in her interview!
- I am huge supporter of #adoptdontshop, because adopting a pet means saving a life. Lainey (the podcat!) was adopted, and I love her so much. She is one of the best things that ever happened to me. Also, if you’re getting a cat, please do not declaw them! #pawsneedclaws Cats need their claws for all sorts of reason, so trim them instead (Lainey gets hew claws trimmed once a week)
- You may have heard me talk about my invisible illness a few times on the show. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in 2009, which makes me a spoonie. It can be difficult at times, but I’m currently in remission 🙂
- Other shows I would recommend: Luther, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (even though it is peak white feminism, so be warned), Killing Eve, Call the Midwife, Umbrella Academy, Downton Abbey, Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj, Russel Howard Hour, Brooklyn 99, and all the Netflix Marvel shows (even though they’re canceled)
- Other books I read as a teen were all things Cate Tiernan, The Girl with the Silver Eyes, P.C. Cast, Cassandra Clare, Alyxandra Harvey, Melissa Marr, Judy Blume, Bridge to Tarabithia, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, Peter Pan, and any book that had magic. There wasn’t much in the way of diverse books even when I was a kid (not that long ago!!!), so I am really glad to see more diverse books coming out every year!
- Watch all the lovely/hilarious interviews of Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans
- And finally, here are some of my favorite recipes:
As always, we’d love to be in discussion with you, magical listener. Let us know what you think of the episode, anything we missed, or anything else you want us to know by dropping a line in the comments or reaching out to us on twitter or Instagram (@jkmagicpod), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). And if you’re feeling extra nice, you can donate to us on Ko-fi!
JK, It’s Magic is recorded on Ute, Cheyenne, and Arapahoe land.