Hello, magical listeners, and welcome back! We are starting season 2 by reading The Infinite Noise by Lauren Shippen. We’re talking science fiction, mental health, and sexist school norms in this fortnight’s episode. *We received this book as an ARC form the author*
We want to give a content warning for this episode as we discuss issues of depression and self harm. If you or someone you know needs help, please contact The Trevor Project .
- The Bright Sessions podcast
- Highly Sensitive People v Empaths
- The AM Archives podcast
- A Blade So Black by L.L. McKinney is a book that is fantastic at describing the race of ALL characters
- Our episode on A Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue is one of the few books we’ve read with a male protagonist
- CA has signed a law to allow college players to accept endorsement deals starting in 2023
- The history of the Sadie Hawkins Dance
- The Infinite Noise as it relates to invisible/chronic illness
- What it means to be a spoonie – which K & J both are. Also, follow Coffee Spoonie on twitter if you’re not already
If you’re interested in supporting JK, it’s magic, you can make a one-time donation to us on Ko-fi! You can also support us monthly on Patreon in exchange for mini-sodes, bonus eps, swag, and much more!
JK, it’s magic is recorded and produced on stolen indigenous land: Arapahoe, Cheyenne, and Ute (Kelly) and Chickasha, Kaskaskia, Kickapoo, Mascoutin, Miami, Mesquaki, Odawa, Ojibwe, Peankashaw, Peoria, Potawatomi, Sauk, and Wea (Jessie)